While the Graduate School confers degrees after each term (Spring, Summer, and Fall), Commencement at UNC Charlotte is held just twice annually, once in May and once in December. Students who graduate in Summer or Fall participate in the December Commencement ceremony.
2023 Fall Commencement is scheduled for December 16th at 10 am in the Dale F. Halton Arena, Located in the Barnhardt Student Activity Center.
PARTICIPATION IN THE CEREMONY
In order to participate (or "walk") in the Commencement ceremony, students must have completed all degree requirements and have submitted all required forms by the published deadlines, including the Online Graduation Application (please refer to the Registrar's Calendar for these deadlines).
- Detailed instructions regarding the ceremony, tickets, and regalia can be found on the University's Commencement website. You will also receive communications regarding Commencement in your inbox.
- Summer graduates participate in the December ceremony. The diplomas for the summer graduates are mailed in August. (Be sure to update your mailing address through my.charlotte.edu so that you will receive your diploma!)
- Fall graduates participate in the December ceremony. Doctoral grads receive their diplomas immediately after the ceremony, while master's grads receive their diplomas in the mail.
- Spring graduates participate in the May ceremony. Doctoral grads receive their diplomas immediately after the ceremony, while master's grads receive their diplomas in the mail.
- Transcripts can be ordered through Niner Central.
- Graduates cannot defer in order to walk in a later semester's ceremony
- If you need proof that you have completed all of the requirements for your degree before your final transcript is available, you can request a letter of completion from the Graduate School. Please note that letters of completion are only issued once all of the degree requirements have been met, and they are usually only issued for employers.
Master's graduates will cross the stage according to college rather than program. Please see the description of hood colors below to more easily find your graduate.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.